Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thank goodness for moms

Just to update, Phillip and I had a wonderful time away last week (or has it almost been two!) on our ZOE retreat and enjoyed relaxing and talking with our best of friends.
Then the next week my mom came in town for my birthday, and allowed me to lay on the couch as much as I wanted while she helped out with the twins. We also ran some fun errands and she cooked a lot in the kitchen. Unfortunately my mom and Phillip woke up in the middle of the night on Friday throwing up. I decided to sleep on the couch and try to avoid any germs.... Well by 7am I was throwing up as well. I called my mother-in-law and she took my poor mom to the airport and then took the girls to her house for the afternoon so Phillip and I could throw up without babies pulling on our legs. We are doing better today, but don't want Atley and Avery to catch this nasty bug, so they are spending the day at Grammi and Grandpas again (my mother and father in law). What would I do without the blessings of mothers. I am so glad that I have daughters and know that someday I'll be the one selflessly cleaning and serving them in return. I'll also be the one cleaning and serving for my mothers when they are too old to do it for me anymore:)
So, thank you moms for ALL you do for me!
Shelly

No comments: