Thursday, September 3, 2009

What can you do but laugh!

Yesterday we were at chick-fil-a and right before we were leaving we all began smelling "pooh." The girls were wearing underwear so we were hoping they hadn't had an accident in their pants...and thankfully they didn't. So we were about to get ready to leave when I literally heard a SPLAT on the ground underneath Canon! He was in his high chair and dripping out his leg was liquid poop!!! And it was splattered all over the floor, looking like throw up, but smelling much worse! My mother in law started helping me wipe it up, and Canon as well since it was STILL dripping out his leg. I didn't have any baby wipes, and the smell was getting worse! I got enough off the floor, and enough off of Canon to take him to the bathroom. Phillip was gettting a worker to come clean it up, and meanwhile Avery is wetting her pants:) In the bathroom I was really tempted to just stick him in the sink and begin stripping him down...but someone walked in behind me so off to the diaper changer in the stall I went. Again, with no baby wipes, I used dry toilet paper to try to wipe him down. Needless to say, I felt all covered in it by the time I was done, and Canon was happy as could be. We left the bathroom with all his clothes and diaper "wrapped" in paper towels and Canon in a way too small disposable diaper. It will always be a funny story to tell about him, but it wasn't very fun cleaning it up! It was one of those moments when you realize what just happened and it takes a moment for it to sink in becuase it was SO unexpected and you really don't want it to be real! Wouldn't it be funny to have had video or at least pictures of this from across the restraunt. I wonder what the people around us were thinking. We had already shoved 4 adults and 3 kids into a booth for lunch anyway, why not add a huge amount of liquid poop on the floor...while people are eating!

1 comment:

the Schusters said...

That is hilarious...now. I'm sure it wasn't at the time. Never leave home without your AmEx and wipes!